Q: Where is the Greenbelt?
A: The Greenbelt trail runs through several municipalities and the city of Harrisburg. Click on the links below to see maps:
A: The Greenbelt has several parking spots at trail heads:
- Plenty of parking is available on City Island. Connect to the Greenbelt via the Walnut Street ped/cycle bridge.
- Parking is available in Stabler Park on Kaby Street just south of Linglestown Road in Susquehanna Township.
- Wildwood Park offers many parking options.
- Parking is available at Veteran’s Park in Susquehanna Township. Connect to the trail extension via the switch backs behind the equipment garage.
- Parking is available in Reservoir Park.
- In Penbrook, there are a couple of spaces at the top of the Paxtang Parkway, at the intersections of Market Street, 25th Street and Union Deposit Road.
- There is public parking under the I-83 bridge and South Front Street, below Shipoke.
- There is parking on Shanois St (two spaces).
- There is limited trail head parking at Elliot Street, where S. 13th Street meets South Cameron Street, near the incinerator, near Quigley’s Hotel and Restaurant at 1517 S. Cameron Street. (Do not park in Quigley’s parking lot please). Please do not park in front of the CAGA garage door. We take our tractors in and out at any time of day all days of the week and weekends.
- There is trail head parking at South 19th Street.
- There is trail head parking at PA-441 (S 28th Street at Dauphin Manor Dr) which is across the street from the District Justice and across the street from The Five Senses Gardens.
- There is parking off Dauphin Manor Drive next to Paxton Street at 29th Street by McDonalds. There is a ramp for handicap access to Five Senses Gardens and to Dock Woods.
- There is trail head parking just off Derry Street near City Line Diner by the gate at the Paxtang Parkway section of the Greenbelt.
- There are two parking spaces on the south side of Derry Street at the Visiting Nurse Association of Central PA at 3315 Derry Street.
- Help with trail maintenance
- Offer technology or social media support
- Provide snacks for workers on work days
- Contribute to the newsletter
- Write press releases for media
- Serve as a contact for the media
- Help organizing trail events
- Photograph and/or chronicle the ongoing development of the trail
- Or volunteer your specific talent in a new way.
A: You can download the membership form.