Ride Day Instructions
Thank you for joining the 2019 Tour de Belt and supporting the Capital Area Greenbelt.
We’re excited to share important details about the ride and post-ride activities.
Before the Ride
NEW THIS YEAR – Pick Up Your T-shirt and Wristband Before the Ride
We will have a station at the entrance to the McCormick Library on HACC Harrisburg campus Friday evening, Saturday morning, or Sunday before the ride. Pick-up your wristband, t-shirt, and select your start time. See the blue star on the map below to find our location. Avoid the Sunday line and pick up your wristband early!
T-Shirt/Wristband Pick-up Times
Friday, May 31st , 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm
Saturday, June 1st, 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
Sunday, June 2nd, 8:00 am to 10:15 am
Before the Ride
- Bring a helmet. All Tour de Belt participants must wear a helmets while riding.
- Pack a bottle or two of water. We’ll have stations for you refill along the Greenbelt.
- Ensure your bike is in working order. If you need assistance, we recommend Pedal Pusher and World Cup Ski & Cycle for bicycle maintenance.
Day of the Ride
Parking: ALL riders should enter HACC through the main entrance and follow parking attendant directions. Riders will be parked in EAST lots (2-6). Gates on Industrial Rd will be closed.
Ride Start/Finish: The ride will start and finish at the HACC Clock Tower. Post event activities will be by the white tents on the west side of the McCormick Library. See map for specifics.
Start time: There are three start times for the ride: 9:30 (green), 10:00 (orange) and 10:30 (blue). Your wristband color will determine your start time. The earlier you pick up your t-shirt and wristband, the more likely you’ll get to start at your preferred time.
Bike Assistance Available: Pedal Pusher and World Cup Ski & Cycle are on-site before the ride starts to provide safety inspections and assist with last minute bike issues. Their assistance is first come, first serve.
Ride Start and Ceremony: Welcoming remarks will start at 9:30 am by the Clock Tower. The No Last Call band will lead us in the national anthem. After welcoming remarks we will stagger the start in groups for safety reasons. We ask for your cooperation with start times. If you have a 10:00 or 10:30 start time, please wait for the earlier groups to depart. Visit the vendors, get your bike checked, and have your picture taken by the Tour de Belt sign.
During the Ride
All riders must have a wristband to ride in the Tour de Belt. Your wristband will get you a start time, drinks and snacks at rest stops, and a meal after the ride. We encourage you to wear your Tour de Belt t-shirt during the ride.
- We have police/road marshals at all road crossings. Please follow their direction.
- We’ve blocked a lane of Front St. Please use this lane when riding down Front St.
- Maintain safe distances between riders.
- Please refrain from smoking during the Tour de Belt.
Assistance During the Ride
- If you require assistance, marshals will be riding the Greenbelt wearing yellow shirts. They have tools and are prepared to provide minor bike repairs.
- You may also call the number on your wristband, if marshals are not available.
- In an emergency, call 911.
- If you are challenged to finish the ride, marshals are prepared to assist you.
Support services will be provided until 1:00 pm.
Three Rest Stops:
- HACC – Restrooms in Select Medical Building and Blocker Hall, food and drink from vendors
- PennDOT – 2 porta johns, bananas (thanks to Karns), and water available
- Reservoir Park – 2 porta johns, chocolate bars (thanks to Hershey), and water available
After the Ride
Post Ride Activities
- We’ll have food and vendors setup until 2:00 PM
- Food pick up – Mr. Bob Subway Subs and chips courtesy of Karns.
- Enjoy Rita’s Italian Ice and Bon Appetit crepes and coffee.
- Entertainment by No Last Call – Street Band Extraordinaire.
- Exhibitors: Bike Art, Harrisburg Bike Club, CAGA, Highmark, LCSWMA, Members 1st, Recycle Bicycle, Fort Hunter/Wildwood, Centric Bank, Geisinger, Blue Cross, Tröegs, and more.
Tröegs After Party at Boro Bar
Tröegs is sponsoring an after-ride party from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm at the Boro Bar and Grill on 4425 North Front Street in Harrisburg with free appetizers. For every Tröegs beer purchased, $2 will be donated to CAGA. Wear your TdB t-shirt to the party.
Thank you Sponsors and Volunteers
Thank you to our lead sponsor, LCSWMA and all our other sponsors. You can see all our sponsors and learn more about them about out Tour de Belt Sponsor Page. +75 volunteers support the Tour de Belt. We thank them for their support of this great event. Please shout out a “thanks” when you see them on the route or pick up your meal after the ride.
The Capital Area Greenbelt Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, all-volunteer organization. We work closely with Dauphin County, City of Harrisburg, Swatara and Susquehanna Townships, and Paxtang and Penbrook Boroughs to maintain and preserve the trail for future generations. If you are not a member, we encourage you to join CAGA at http://caga.org/membership/.