Capital Area Greenbelt
The trail is a 20 mile loop through and around Harrisburg. It passes along the Susquehanna River through Riverfront Park, through wooded areas, urban offices, residential areas, and scenic parks, including Reservoir Park and Wildwood Park. A majority of the trail is on dedicated paths with parts on local roads. The trail is a mixture of paved, gravel, and crushed stone.
- City Island. Connect to the Greenbelt via the Walnut Street ped/cycle bridge.
- HACC’s campus parking lot along Industrial Road, including a ‘Fixit” station.
- Stabler Park on Kaby Street just south of Linglestown Road in Susquehanna Township.
- Wildwood Park offers many parking options.
- Veteran’s Park in Susquehanna Township. Connect to the trail extension via the switch backs behind the equipment garage.
- Reservoir Park.
- In Penbrook, there are a couple of spaces at the top of the Paxtang Parkway, at the intersections of Market Street & 25th Street and Union Deposit Road. Please do not block the gate.
- Under the I-83 bridge and South Front Street, below Shipoke.
- Shanois St (two spaces).
- Elliot Street where South 13th Street meets South Cameron Street, near the incinerator, Quigley’s Hotel and Restaurant at 1517 S. Cameron Street. (Do not park in Quigley’s parking lot please). Please do not park in front of the CAGA garage door.
- Trail head at South 19th Street.
- Trail head parking at PA-441 (S 28th Street at Dauphin Manor Dr) which is across the street from the Five Senses Gardens.
- Dauphin Manor Dr. next to Paxton Street at 29th Street behind McDonalds. There is a ramp for handicap access to Five Senses Gardens and to Dock Woods.
- Behind City Line Diner on Derry St.
- Two parking spaces on the south side of Derry Street at the Visiting Nurse Association of Central PA at 3315 Derry Stree