June 4, 2023 Group Ride
Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) 1 HACC Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17110
Parking Opens at 8:30 AM
Participant Instructions and Reminders
Thank you for joining our annual Tour de Belt and supporting the Capital Area Greenbelt! We’re excited to share important details to help answer questions and provide updates on this year’s event!
Spread the word to family and friends – Online registration will remain open until midnight June 3. REGISTER HERE!
The Ride is Rain or Shine/No Refunds – This page will continue to be updated with details about the event. If you need additional information, please email us at email@example.com or call 717-921-4733.
HACC Parking – Opens at 8:30 am. Enter HACC through the main entrance and follow the parking attendant directions. Riders will be parked in the WEST Lot.
- HACC gates will be closed on Industrial Road.
- Please respect and cooperate with the parking volunteers who are present for everyone’s safety.
- We appreciate your patience as this is our first year in the West lot.
The Ride Start – Please refer to your start time from your registration confirmation and arrive 15 minutes prior to your selected start time. You will be provided a wristband with your t-shirt- please ensure to wear this.
The Route – Click here to see the traditional route. Riders will follow the trail counter-clockwise, returning to HACC at the Finish Line Fest. The course does not include the Fort Hunter extension.
Finish Line Fest – Riders can celebrate completing the 20-mile bike ride while grabbing a bite at one of the Food Trucks, relaxing to music provided by DJ Tom Shingara. Participants will have the opportunity to meet local organizations and sponsors.
Tour de Belt Rest Stops with snacks provided by Hershey and Karns
- PennDOT – porta john, REI tech station, snacks and water
- 28th Street Trailhead – porta john, snacks and water sponsored by Swatara Township Police
- Reservoir Park – porta john, snacks and water sponsored by Susquehanna Township
Early T-shirt Pick-Up – T-shirts and wristbands can be picked up in advance at the Fort Hunter Stable (mountain side, 5300 N Front St, Harrisburg, PA 17110). Your wristband must be worn on June 4 since it indicates your start time and has contact information in case you experience an emergency. We recommend picking up t-shirts in advance.
Pick-ups at Fort Hunter are on the following days and times:
Wednesday May 31, 2023 – 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Thursday June 1, 2023 – 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Friday June 2, 2023 – 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Saturday June 3, 222 – 9:00 am to noon
June 4 (Sunday) T-shirt Pick-up (West Lot, 8:30 am to 10:00 am) – Look for the “T-SHIRTS” flag. If registered after May 11, a t-shirt is not guaranteed, however, extras will be available on a first come, first served-basis.
Prepare for and Ensure a SAFE and FUN Ride around Harrisburg:
- Everyone participating in the event must wear a helmet. Check out this video for proper helmet fit and wearing.
- Bring a filled water bottle. The rest stops will have water for refills and there will be a Hydration Station, sponsored by Pennsylvania American Water, at the Finish Line Fest.
- Follow the volunteer and police instructions when crossing intersections and the rules of the road.
- Please follow the route guides. Fort Hunter is not part of this year’s route.
- Use EXTRA care on “share the road sections” and pay particular attention when crossing streets.
- You will be riding on the road with vehicular traffic, share the road by staying to the right.
- Go slowly down hills at Reservoir Park and at the State Hospital.
- Maintain safe distances between riders. Be courteous and try to avoid and/or announce sudden turns and stops.
- Volunteers will be welcoming you and greeting you around the Greenbelt – follow their instructions.
- Wear your Tour de Belt t-shirt to show your support!
Limited Bike Assistance Is Available to help with last minute bike issues.
- Thank you to our bike shop partners!
- Pedal Pusher and World Cup Ski & Cycle will be at HACC
- REI will be at the PennDOT rest area
- Holmes Cycling will be at the Reservoir Park rest area
- Thank you to our bike shop partners!
Need Help During the Ride
- Ride marshals will be wearing light green safety vests labeled ride marshal. They have tools and are prepared to provide minor bike repairs.
- If a marshal is not available, call 717-921-4733, the number on your wristband.
- If there is an emergency, please call 911.
- Ride Support: No rider left behind. If you are struggling to finish – please take advantage of our
SAG-wagon services. Call 717-921-4733.
- Support services will be provided until 1:00 pm.
Thank you Sponsors and Volunteers – A special thank you to our platinum sponsor, LCSWMA. See all our sponsors on the Tour de Belt Sponsor Page. Thank you to the over 100 volunteers that support this event. Shout out a “thanks” when you see them on the route or at the rest stops.
Thank you for supporting the Capital Area Greenbelt – The Capital Area Greenbelt Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, all-volunteer organization. We work closely with Dauphin County, the City of Harrisburg, Swatara and Susquehanna Townships, Paxtang and Penbrook Boroughs, and HACC-Harrisburg Campus to maintain and preserve the greenbelt for future generations.
Bike it. Walk it. Run it. And HELP it!
Interested in volunteering? – email firstname.lastname@example.org.